Sunday 11 March 2012

More Down Under..............

Just got this one from Sue & Omar down in Australia...........

Here's a mad day at the beach for your blog Tom.... Sue dropped me at the beach this morning on the way to the shop. Said she’d be back in an hour or so to join me & wet a line. Off i headed, bagged a load of live whiting in the cast net & set off to the end of the sand spit. 30 mins later, a nice queenfish (~60cm) & a decent Golden Trevally (~80cm / 10kg) had given me little G-Loomis stick a workout. Both the fish went back as I didn’t want to give up yet & the fish would have cooked in the heat had I kept them. Didn’t even get a picture.
 
Sue joined me a bit later. I had been using her rod with a spinner, so tied on a live-bait rig for her to have a go. Sue can tackle her own gear, but I’m quicker & needed her to get a bait in quick. Whilst I changed her rig, she was holding my rod. “OMARRRRR, FISH OHHNNNN”. The old Omar would have grabbed the rod back, but no longer. 5 mins later she had a nice dinner sized queenfish. 10 Mins later I got a smaller queenie. 10 mins later again & Sue is shrieking that she's on again. “Go on then girl, sort it out....” Awesome job. 15 mins later another nice trevva on the beach. It also went back as the queenies were coming home for tea & we don’t freeze fish; take enough for a feed & let the rest go.



2 more whiting left in the bucket. Sue’s given up as her arms were sore....... Out went another whiting on the Loomis. 5 mins later, fish on. Now, here’s what I think happened. I had hooked a good sized queenie or trevally or barra; who knows. Pretty sure I saw the tail of a queenie. Next thing, line has zipped quickly across to the right. Just started making a bit of line back when I saw a 2m long bull shark launch out of the water not 10m from us. This was a mad sight; the whole shark fully aerial, with what I think was my queenie in its gob. No sooner had the shark hit the water again & my line parted. Oh well, never would have had a chance with 100m 12lb braid on the little 3000.

Fish for tea tonight.

Think Sue deffo outfished Omar on this one lol - well done guys (great fishing as always)

Tight Lines all............

2 comments:

  1. When I was a kid my father and I used to fish every weekend, I really enjoyed the time when were together. Fishing is somehow a great activity to strengthen bonds between you and a family member, It's kinda relaxing and enjoyable moments. I really missed that time. It's really a perfect place for fishing, Nice!.

    Dannia from renewables finance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got so much from your awesome blog:-) More power to you!

    ReplyDelete