Tuesday 5 July 2011

5 x 1(lb)

It was up early this morning (02.30!), as I had decided to travel west in the pursuit of a Welsh bass, the two hour drive was easy at that time so the anticipation was high by the time I arrived. The moment I got out of the car it started to pour (as it does) and by the time I was kitted up the rain was pretty much horizontal (luckily enough the wind was behind me but boy did I get wet).
Conditions were actually pretty good (perfect clarity & overcast), but the sea was a bit flat & could have done with a bit more fizz.
On with an Ima Sasuke (Sand Bora), and second cast was a schoolie of I guess about a pound - next cast another - and another (all small fish).
Changing lures to a Feed Shallow Mullet#11, I was hoping for something bigger but second cast with the FS gave another schoolie.
The next 3 hours were quiet other than the rain drumming on my back, and after a 5th and final schoolie I decided that it was time to start the long haul home.

Not big but a Bass!
Of course catching bass is always a buzz, but I had mixed feelings about the day (|I cant help feeling I should have caught more perhaps or tried something different while it was quiet).
I will be heading West on Friday for a week, and I hope to post again while I'm there if I can get some Internet access (looking forward to meeting a few of the guys while I'm down too!)

Thanks for reading..................

No comments:

Post a Comment