Saturday 14 January 2012

Planning for 2012.

It looks like 2012 might be a good year for the bass with the unusually warm weather (and water) being a real bonus.

Ive read several reports of fish being taken (even off the top) which is great as far as I'm concerned. The mild weather could also affect the fishing for years to come (fewer year 0 fish will have died from cold conditions this year & hopefully the pair trawlers wont get to decimate the schools of breeding bass as they usually do).


I hope to fish the usual locations this year (I do intend to avoid Dorset during the Olympics though) and will be down in Pembrokeshire early July (neap tides this year instead of the springer's I am used to).

As the UK fishing is looking promising I'm not sure if we will be heading to Northern Spain as we did last year (saying that - anythings possible and we might go ahead at short notice).

I have a few new toys on order, including a new custom build rod - more on that later when I receive it, I will of course post a few pictures of my new buys as they arrive.

Anyway - roll on 2012 & I wish everyone a great years plugging!!

7 comments:

  1. Hi tom, you know we are here if you return at the end of my land.
    regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manel - would love to visit again - but if we cannot come then you will have to get on an aeroplane & hold Darios hand!
    We would love it if you guys visited (you would be collected at the airport & we can lend you rods) - I think flights are only about 80 euros for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love Tom, but I can not guarantee anything Tom, you know who just raised the family, and there is much work at home, we will try, if not next year for sure.
      Greetings.

      Delete
  3. Recognise that ledge mate ... I know you still don't believe how many fish I had off it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol nice one Graham - I only get the big uns there

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was there with Joe today - perfect conditions (except water 8oC) ... nothing :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi tom give me a shout when you are down this way in wales .
    all the best mark

    ReplyDelete